Visit Paris, the multifaceted capital city!
Just 3 hours 08 minutes from Geneva by train...
If for you Paris conjures up thoughts of the Eiffel Tower, bistros on every street corner and the grand Haussmann-style avenues, you already know the capital quite well. But Paris is much more than that! Heterogeneous city, it will constantly surprise you: it is a hotspot of contemporary art, the capital of new gastronomy and a new landmark for fashion fanatics... Paris is definitely multifaceted. You will never be bored in Paris!
Visit Paris: things to do
- Tick off the items on your to-do list by visiting Paris' main sites with the winning combo "Eiffel Tower / Notre-Dame de Paris / Sacré-Cœur / Arc de Triomphe - Champs Elysées".
- Art enthusiasts can visit the Louvre and the Georges Pompidou national centre for art and culture. Don't forget the other, more unusual, cultural institutions (the Gaité Lyrique theatre or the Bal are just two examples).
- Do you enjoy shopping? If you want to avoid the crowds of the Champs Elysées and Galeries Lafayette, take refuge in one of the many little boutiques in the Marais neighbourhood. And for those of you who love vintage clothing, there's nothing better than a little walk though the labyrinth of stalls at the Saint-Ouen flea market.
- Feeling peckish? What if you tried "bistronomy", a clever mix of haute cuisine in a bistro style? The Beurre Noisette restaurant in the 15th arrondissement will leave you more than satisfied!
- For nightclubbers, make your way to South Pigalle ("SoPi" for regulars); the neighbourhood is the epicentre of Parisian night life and there is no shortage of in-trend establishments.
The best time to visit Paris
- May – Museum night.
Enjoy the exceptional opening (often free of charge) of numerous Parisian museums for one night only.
- October – All-night arts festival.
The city offers numerous cultural and artistic activities all night long.
- October – The Montmartre grape harvest festival.
A real institution in the neighbourhood, this festival celebrates the arrival of the wine from the Clos Montmartre vineyard.
The climate in Paris
Paris has a mild climate. Visit between May and September so as to take full advantage of the capital. But be careful, July and August can be a little stuffy (but as the Parisians tend to abandon the city during this period it is a little more peaceful).
Paris in figures
cafes with a terrace in Paris.
pigeons in the capital.