If you lose or leave an item on-board a TGV Lyria train, make contact with the lost property department in France or Switzerland, depending on your destination/journey.
You have travelled on a TGV Lyria heading to Switzerland
There are three ways of notifying us of your loss :
1. Go to one of the CFF ticket offices in a Swiss station.
2. Call 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min from a landline in Switzerland), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. Submit a declaration online. Three forms are available, depending on your situation.
For more information, see the CFF website. Please make sure you have the date of loss, the number of the TGV Lyria on which you travelled and the route taken. The more accurate information you provide, the more chances you have of recovering your property.
You have travelled on a TGV Lyria heading to France
The easiest way is to fill in a form on the SNCF website specially set up for this at www.gare-sncf.com
Otherwise, go to the lost property office in the terminus station served by the TGV Lyria. Find the lost property office here.
Declaration of loss
For all declarations of loss, you will need to indicate:
- the date and place of loss
- a description of the lost item
- your contact details
The SNCF Lost Property department will only contact you if the item is found. You will be required to pay a recovery fee of €9. Please note that the department does not send items found to addresses abroad.