Which better athlete to symbolise this link between Switzerland and France?
This exclusive partnership is based on the values shared by the French Open title holder and TGV Lyria: speed, performance, precision.
Like "Stan the Man", TGV Lyria constantly seeks to improve its performance. A will to exceed and to achieve excellence linked with impeccable precision.
Over the years, TGV Lyria and Stan Wawrinka have built their respective success by sharing the same philosophy. Although one of the best players in the world, Stan Wawrinka has remained modest and approachable. A mindset that perfectly matches TGV Lyria.
Within a few years Stan has succeeded in capturing the heart of the public on both sides of the border. What an achievement!
"I've always enjoyed travelling to Paris on board TGV Lyria. Paris is an amazing city and TGV Lyria gets you there quickly and easily. You arrive at the heart of the city without losing a single minute."
- Stan Wawrinka is born in 1985 in Saint-Barthélemy.
- It hit his first tennis racquet at the age of 8.
- He started his professional carreer at the age of 17.
- He won the junior title at Roland-Garros at the age of 18.
- With 23 years he won a golden medal in doubles at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing
- 2014 is a good year to Stan, he wins the Monte-Carlo Masters, the Australian Open and the Davis Cup.
- In 2015 he won the French Open.
- He was voted Swiss Sport personality of the year in 2015.
- In 2016, he wins US Open, his 3rd victory in grand slam.
Un partenariat en plusieurs sets gagnants
The Paris-Geneva challenge
The first set of this important partnership with Stan Wawrinka took place on February 5th in Geneva train station where the winners of the contest “Challenge Paris-Geneva” had the chance to measure up to “Iron Stan” during a ping-pong tournament.
Stan on a TGV train Lyria
The second set comes with the circulation of two TGV Lyria trains with the image of our ambassador at a critical time for "Stan the Man". He is the center of attention as a local celebrity and is ready to defend his title in the Internationaux de France de Roland Garros.
A contest on social media from the 10th to 30th May: we offered the chance to TGV Lyria and Stan Wawrinka’s fans to win two seats to watch Stan play, train tickets and goodies autographed by Stan The Man!
Social media contest. TGV Lyria and Stan Wawrinka fans have played to win their tickets to Basel Swiss Indoors, which happened from October 11th in Basel!
Stan's 2019 agenda
- 14 January - Australian Open
- 04 February - Sofia Open
- 10 February - ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament
- 25 February - Abierto Mexicano Telcel presentado por HSBC
- 07 March - BNB Paribas Open
- 20 March - Miami Open presented by Itau
- 14 April - Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters
- 06 May - Mutua Madrid Open
- 13 May - Internazionali BNL d'Italia
- 20 May - Banque Eric Sturdza Geneva Open
- 27 May - Roland Garros
Stan the Man in figures
Victories in Grand Slam
km/h fastest service