Exchange and refund policy – outside of exceptional measures
Unable to travel when you’d originally planned? Outside of exceptional measures, the exchange and refund policy shown below applies up to your train departure time.
- Tickets for which exchangeable conditions apply: for cancellations (made before your train is scheduled to depart), a charge of EUR 30/CHF 32 applies to each ticket.
- Adult: exchange free of charge up to seven days before the scheduled departure, excluding any potential difference in price. Past this date, an exchange fee of EUR 15 / CHF 16 will apply, excluding any potential difference in price.
- Child (age 4–12): these tickets are now exchangeable and refundable free of charge.
- Tickets who are modifiable free of charge: exchange or refund with no fee up to your train departure time.
- Tickets who are non-exchangeable and non-refundable: no exchange or refund will be permitted.
- Offer valid for a ticket booked via SNCF and SBB channels.
- Only valid for an exchange / refund on an international TGV Lyria route.
- Exchange valid only on the same route and with TGV Lyria.
- If your train is cancelled, you can claim a full refund of the cost of your tickets up to 60 days after the scheduled departure
Sales and information at self-service machines, at stations, from SNCF shops, by telephone on 3635 (service at €0.40/min. + call costs), at sncf-connect.com, at SNCF-approved travel agencies, at sbb.ch, at the ticket counter or from Rail Service on 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.).
How to exchange or get a refund for your tickets?
Exchange/Refund SNCF tickets
- Online on OUI.sncf through the "My Bookings" tab
- In SNCF stations / sales offices and approved travel agencies
- By calling 36 35 (France) / open everyday from 8 am to 8 pm (free phone call, plus any fees charged by your service provider) / +33 (0) 1 84 94 36 35 (price of an international call, excluding any additional costs of your operator).
For a refund request after the planned date of travel, we kindly invite you to write to SNCF Customer Services via the website SNCF.com > "Contact us" > "Complaints" > Reason: "I have not used my ticket".
For paper tickets purchased on sncf-connect.com/en-en/ we kindly invite you to send your request within 60 days to the address below:
Service Relation Client SNCF
62 973 Arras
For your request to be considered, we kindly invite you to provide the original copy of your tickets.
Exchange/Refund SBB tickets
- At SBB stations and approved agencies
- By calling the SBB Contact Center at the following number: +41 (0) 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min)
Lost or stolen tickets
Under no circumstances can a refund or duplicate be provided for lost or stolen tickets.