In train stations and on board TGV Lyria, this symbol indicates facilities offered to persons with reduced mobility (PRM).
On board TGV Lyria, two first class seats are specifically reserved for wheelchair users in coaches 1 or 11. Don't forget to request one of these seats when making your booking.
If this area is unavailable and you can sit in a regular train seat, you may book a standard seat. To comply with safety regulations, your wheelchair must be folded and stowed away and must not obstruct passageways. In this case, contact the help service at the train station on your journey to book assistance.
Toilets are also specially adapted and accessible for persons with reduced mobility (PRM).
A "transfer chair" is available on board TGV Lyria. It helps you to move around independently to go to the toilets. To use this chair, simply ask the train manager.
Persons with reduced mobility traveling on wheelchairs benefit from the single fare of 38€ on all TGV Lyria international travels and are systematically placed in STANDARD 1ERE and their escort benefit from the same fare.
For any other situation of disability (physical, mental, intellectual, sensory, permanent, temporary, whose interaction with various obstacles may prevent its full and effective use of transport on the basis of equality with other travelers), only the companion will benefit from a special rate: 38€ in STANDARD 1ERE and 12€ in STANDARD.
To benefit from this rate, the companion must present a document stating the need for an escort for the person with reduced mobility (disability card, medical certificate, disability card with blindness or green star).
If two disabled persons are travelling together, neither of them may correlatively act as the travelling companion of the other disabled person.
On TGV Lyria, guide dogs for the blind travel free of charge and without tickets.
Travelling from a French train station
The Accès Plus Service makes it easier for you to travel and move about in SNCF train stations and on board TGV Lyria.
By providing you with a continuous service, from a meeting point in the departure train station right up to when you leave the destination train station, we provide everything to guarantee that you have a pleasant journey whatever your disability is.
To book the most suitable service for you and your luggage, please contact the SNCF's Accès Plus Service Centre:
- at the latest 24 hours before the departure time of your train when you travel exclusively by TGV Lyria,
- at the latest 48 hours before the departure time of your train when you travel by TGV Lyria with a TER connection (except for possible regional exceptions at 24 hours, please consult the TER websites).
To help you prepare your journey and obtain information, various means are available to you:
- By Internet: Book online (in french only)
- By phone, from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week:
- From France: 3635 then #45 (free service + price of a call)
- From abroad: +33 1 84 94 36 35 then say "Accès Plus" (price of an international call, excluding any additional costs for your operator)
- From a salesperson in stations, shops, on SNCF Connect or in SNCF-approved travel agencies: Book on SNCF Connect (in french only)
Travelling from a Swiss train station
It is recommended to inform the SBB Call Center Handicap no later than three working days before your departure. Apart from the usual indications, the SBB Call Center Handicap will need to know your seat number and your coach number (as indicated on your booking).
To better organise your journey and obtain the necessary assistance, you can contact the Call Center Handicap, every day between 06:00 and 22:00 on +41 (0)800 007 102 (freephone number within Switzerland), or:
- Phone: +41 (0)51 225 71 50
- Fax: +41 (0)51 225 70 90
- E-mail: email@example.com