For the comfort and safety of all passengers, only hand luggage (maximum 130 x 90 cm) is allowed on board TGV Lyria services. You must be able to easily move, carry and stow your luggage in the designated areas. This allows other passengers to easily and quickly take their seats when boarding.
Travelling with more than a suitcase? Here’s a list of other luggage you can take with you:
- Bicycles, as long as they can be folded or their wheels can be removed and they are stored in covers (maximum dimensions of 130 cm x 90 cm)
- Children’s pushchairs, folded
- Skis stored in a cover – maximum one pair per passenger
- Electric or manual scooters, folded
- Surfboards or snowboards stored in a cover (maximum dimensions of 130 cm x 90 cm)
- Musical instruments stored in a (preferably hard) case (maximum dimensions of 130 cm x 90 cm)
- Manual or electric wheelchairs for people with reduced mobility, who are permitted to keep their wheelchair with them, whether or not they remain in it during the journey.
💡 Our top tips for carefree travel
- Please only take luggage with you that you can easily carry and stow in the spaces provided for storage.
- Items, bags and suitcases carried by you are solely your responsibility. Remember to label them clearly with your name and address. Don’t forget your backpack.
- Make sure that your luggage is properly closed and do not leave it unattended. Please ensure you have not left anything behind before you leave the train.
By following these tips, you’ll help ensure you and your bags arrive safe and sound at your destination.
Spaces designed just for your luggage
- Cabin baggage or other compact bags may be placed at your feet, under your seat, or on the rack above your seat.
- Other baggage must be stored on the racks at the entrance to or in the middle of your carriage, or on the ground in the spaces between certain back-to-back seats.
❌ Luggage not accepted on board
- Hazardous (bladed weapons, firearms, hazardous sports equipment, explosives, flammable liquids, gas or butane cylinders, or any hazardous product).
- Unusual: such as strong-smelling perishable foodstuffs or plants.
- Bulky: such as electrical appliances, furniture, mattresses, packages exceeding 75 x 53 x 30 cm.
- Intended for sale: products in such quantities or packed
- Prohibited by French and/or Swiss customs or any other administrative authority.