Luggage accepted on board TGV Lyria
For the comfort and safety of all passengers travelling on TGV Lyria services, the only luggage allowed on board is as follows: hand luggage that you can carry and easily stow in the spaces provided without risk to other passengers, their luggage or yourself.
The following are also accepted as hand luggage under the same conditions outlined above and limited to one item per passenger:
- Bicycles, as long as they can be folded or their wheels can be removed and they are stored in covers (maximum dimensions of 120 cm x 90 cm)
- Children’s pushchairs, folded
- Skis stored in a cover – maximum one pair per passenger
- Electric or manual scooters, folded or dismantled and stored in a cover (maximum dimensions of 120 cm x 90 cm)
- Surfboards or snowboards stored in a cover (maximum dimensions of 120 cm x 90 cm)
- Musical instruments stored in a (preferably hard) case (maximum dimensions of 120 cm x 90 cm)
- Manual or electric wheelchairs for people with reduced mobility, who are permitted to keep their wheelchair with them, whether or not they remain in it during the journey.
Storage areas on board TGV Lyria services
- Cabin baggage or other compact bags may be placed at your feet, under your seat, or on the rack above your seat.
- Other baggage must be stored on the racks at the entrance to or in the middle of your carriage, or on the ground in the spaces between certain back-to-back seats.
Guidelines to be followed regarding luggage on board TGV Lyria services
- For the comfort and safety of all our passengers, please do not obstruct the aisles with bulky or excess luggage.
- Please only take luggage with you that you can easily carry and stow in the spaces provided for storage.
- Items, bags and suitcases carried by you are solely your responsibility. Don’t forget to label them clearly with your name and address.
- For security reasons, make sure they are properly closed and do not leave them unattended. Please ensure you have not left anything behind before you leave the train.
- Bicycles are also solely your responsibility. You must load and unload them yourself. For the comfort of all passengers, we recommend that you avoid peak hours when travelling by train with your bike and that you find out in advance what you need to do if travelling as a group.
Luggage not accepted on board
For the comfort and safety of all our passengers, luggage exceeding the dimensions indicated below is not allowed, nor is luggage containing products that are:
- hazardous: steel weapons, firearms, dangerous sports equipment (crossbows, crossbow bolts, bows, arrows, pistols, etc.), explosives, flammable liquids (motor fuel, paints, etc.), gas or butane cylinders or any hazardous products (chemical, biological, etc.).
- unusual: such as strong-smelling perishable foodstuffs or plants.
- bulky: electrical appliances, furniture, mattresses, packages exceeding 75 x 53 x 30 cm.
- intended for sale: products in such quantities or packed in such a way that it is clear the passenger travel ticket is being used for the purpose of transporting goods that would otherwise be conveyed by a specialised transport provider.
- prohibited by French and/or Swiss customs or any other administrative authority.