Lyria - Key dates
- In the context of the COVID-19 global pandemic, Lyria is adapting its services, and continues to support customers in their essential travel, particularly business trips. We are adjusting the transport plan in line with the situation regarding infections and the governmental commercial and health provisions in the two countries.
- Lyria reveals the lamination of its new fleet of double deck trains
- Launch of a “Lyria 2020” innovative offer to respond to the increase in travel between France and Switzerland: greater capacity and frequency, new levels of convenience and services, including Wi-Fi, and the launch of BUSINESS 1ÈRE on the Paris<>Lausanne route
- Launch of a train set in the colours of La fête des Vignerons 2019
- Strengthening the partnership with the Geneva-Servette Hockey Club (GSHC) and the Geneva Futur Hockey Association
- Partnership with Weltklasse Zürich
- Inauguration of a train set in the colours of Disneyland® Paris
- Launch of the new TGV Lyria service offer with 3 travel classes : STANDARD, STANDARD 1ERE and BUSINESS 1ERE
- Partnership with Genève Servette Hockey Club
- Partnership with Ice Hockey World Championship
- Launch of Combined Offers expending our range of destinations and departure train station (Vevey, Montreux, Lucerne, Bienne, Interlaken, Berne, Zurich, Olten, Thoune, Spiez)
- Implementation of the new graphic guidelines
- Beginning of the partnership with Stan Wawrinka, world-ranked Swiss tennis player
- Opening of the direct Paris <>Genève line, in 2:58
- Launch of the new TGV Lyria website
- Launch of the TGV Lyria mobile app on Iphone and Android.
- Opening of the Lyriacorner at Gare de Lyon in Paris.
- Launch of the Lille <> Geneva line, stopping in Marne-la-Vallée and Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport. This line thus allows for easier connections to London and Belgium.
- First train to have its interior refitted with the TGV Lyria colours.
- First train to be decked with the colours of the TGV Lyria brand.
- Extension of the Paris <> Bern line up to Interlaken.
- South of France <> Geneva connection.
- New 12-year agreement to strengthen and develop the partnership between SNCF and CFF for a high-speed offer between France and Switzerland, operated under the TGV Lyria brand.
- Introduction of the double on-board assistance (French and Swiss crew on-board each TGV Lyria for the full journey).
- Opening of the Rhine-Rhône line, now used by TGV Lyria between Paris/Dijon <> Basel/Zurich: increase to up to 6 return services a day and approximately 30-minute reduction in journey time.
- Commissioning of the TGV Euroduplex and launch of the Lyriapremière service on that route.
- Gare de Lyon in Paris becomes the only TGV Lyria station in Paris.
- Opening of the Haut-Bugey line (Paris <> Geneva route): increase to up to 9 return services a day and approximately 20-minute reduction in journey time.
- Launch of the Lyriapremière service on the Paris <> Geneva, Paris <> Lausanne and Paris <> Bern lines.
- Opening of the TGV Est line serving Paris <> Basel/Zurich via Strasbourg.
- Lyria takes over management of the Paris <> Geneva line.
- Foundation of the company Lyria SAS.
- First TGV Paris <> Lausanne train to run (commissioning of the three-current trains).
Book your trip
With TGV Lyria