What is digital accessibility?
Digital accessibility is a set of rules and best practices covering the functional, graphical, technical and editorial aspects of a website.
By adhering to these rules and best practices, we can ensure that digital media (websites, mobile apps, PDF documents, etc.) is accessible to people with disabilities.
For example, an accessible website allows:
- Customise the display using the operating system or browser settings (by enlarging or shrinking text size, changing font, adjusting colours, stopping animations, etc.).
- Navigation with help tools such as speech synthesis or braille displays.
- Navigation without using the mouse, using the keyboard or buttons only or via touchscreen.
- Play video and audio content with the help of subtitles and/or transcriptions.
Lyria SAS is committed to ensuring that its websites (internet, intranet and extranet) and software packages comply with article 47 of French law no. 2005-102 of 11 February 2005.
Declaration of conformity to the RGAA
This accessibility declaration applies to the TGV Lyria website "tgv-lyria.com"..
This website is partially compliant with the French certification standard RGAA (Référentiel Général d’Amélioration de l’Accessibilité) – version 4.1 due to the compliance issues listed below.
The RGAA version 4.1 compliance audit carried out in May 2022 by Ideance concluded that, based on a sample, the site is 77.8% compliant overall. (Percentage obtained by dividing the number of compliant criteria by the number of applicable criteria).
List of criteria not met:
- 1.2 – Decorative images are not ignored by assistive technologies.
- 1.3 – Alt-text on images conveying information is not relevant.
- 3.2 – Contrast between text colour and background colour is insufficient.
- 6.1 – Links are not made explicit.
- 7.1 – Scripts are not compatible with assistive technologies.
- 7.3 – Scripts cannot be controlled by the keyboard or any pointing device.
- 8.2 – Generated source code is not valid according to the specified type of document.
- 8.7 – Language changes are not indicated.
- 9.1 – Information is not structured appropriately using titles.
- 10.1 – Style sheets are not used to control presentation.
- 10.7 – The focus for interactive elements is not visible.
- 11.5 – Fields of the same type are not grouped together.
- 12.8 – Tabbing order is not logical.
- 13.3 – Downloadable documents do not have an accessible version.
Content not subject to mandatory accessibility
The “Tarte au Citron” cookie manager and the “Mindsay” virtual assistant were exempt and were therefore not included in the full and detailed audit.
However, it has been verified that these elements do not affect the use of the rest of the site.
Issuance of this declaration of RGAA compliance
This declaration was established on 15 May 2022.
Technologies used for development of the site
Tests were carried out using the following combinations of web browser and screen readers:
- Firefox 99.0.1 and NVDA 2021.3.5
- Firefox 99.0.1 and JAWS 2021
- Safari and VoiceOver (macOS 12.3.1)
- Safari and VoiceOver (iOS 15.4.1)
Tools used to assess accessibility
- Colour Contrast Analyser
- Firefox web development tools
- Web Developer (Firefox extension)
Web pages which were included for compliance verification
- Book a train ticket
- Contact us
- Legal notice
- Train timetables
- Traffic information
- Fares and conditions
- Catering services
- Opening of ticket sales
- Train Paris Geneva: timetables, journey time, prices
- Accessibility (this page)
Feedback and contact information
If you are unable to access a piece of content or a service on this website, you can contact us via one of the methods below for details of an accessible alternative or to receive the content in a different format.
- Send an email to: [email protected].
- Write to us at the following postal address:
LYRIA SAS – 25 rue Titon – 75011 Paris, FRANCE
Right of appeal
This procedure should be used in the following case: you have drawn the attention of the person responsible for the website to an accessibility fault which is preventing you from accessing site content or services, and you have not received a satisfactory response.
- Send a message to the Ombudsman
- Contact the Representative of the Ombudsman in your region
- Send correspondence by post (free, no stamp required):
Défenseur des droits
75342 Paris CEDEX 07