What is digital accessibility?
Digital accessibility is a combination of good practices and standards which cover:
- Technical development
These regulations make it possible to ensure that digital carriers (websites, mobile applications, documents, etc.) are fully accessible to all users, including those with disabilities.
For example, an accessible website allows:
- Personalisation of the website display according to their requirements (enlarging characters, modifying colours, changing the typography, stopping animations, etc.).
- Navigation with help tools such as speech synthesis or braille displays.
- Navigation without using the mouse, using the keyboard or buttons only or via touchscreen.
- Consultation of videos or podcasts using subtitles or transcriptions.
Lyria SAS pays particular attention to the accessibility of websites and mobile applications. It is therefore committed to an approach that aims to adhere to the General Framework for Improving Accessibility (RGAA), conforming to article 47 of law no. 2005-102 of 11 February 2005 on equality of rights and opportunities, participation and citizenship of people with disabilities.
To obtain the best possible result, accessibility is taken into account by all employees involved in the design and development of websites and mobile applications. They are also supported by third party experts, in particular for auditing, arbitration and verification of corrections throughout the design and development stages.
Declaration of conformity to the RGAA
Lyria SAS is committed to making its websites, Intranet, Extranet and their software packages accessible in compliance with article 47 of law no. 2005-102 of 11 February 2005.
This accessibility declaration applies to the TGV Lyria website (https://tgv-lyria.com/).
Identity of the declarant
25 rue Titon, 75011 Paris
A conformity audit was carried out in October 2020 by the company Ideance. It transpired that the TGV Lyria website is partially conform to RGAA 4.
Results of the tests
The compliance audit carried out by Ideance revealed that:
- 69,8% of the RGAA 4 criteria have been respected
- The average rate of compliance of the website is nevertheless 85,1%
- Topic, images: criteria 1.1, 1.2, 1.7 and 1.8.
- Topic, frames: criterion 2.1.
- Topic, colours: criteria 3.1, and 3.2.
- Topic, multimedia: criterion 4.1.
- Topic, tables: criteria 5.6 and 5.7.
- Topic, links: criteria 6.1.
- Topic, scripts: criteria 7.1, and 7.5.
- Topic, mandatory elements: criteria 8.2, 8.7 and 8.9.
- Topic, structure: criteria 9.1, 9.3 and 9.4.
- Topic, presentation: criteria 10.1, 10.2, 10.6, and 10.13.
- Topic, forms: criteria 11.1, 11.2, 11.7, 11.10 and 11.13
- Topic, navigation: criteria 12.1.
- Topic, consultation: criteria 13.3, 13.4 and 13.8.
Content not subject to mandatory accessibility
Exemptions have been identified for the following content and services:
- The YouTube reader: Lyria SAS ensures that where possible it takes into account the accessibility of videos published on the platform (particularly by adding subtitles). However, at a technical level, YouTube does not comply perfectly and its code cannot be modified.
- Google Maps: Lyria SAS uses Google Maps on certain pages, but its use does not provide necessary information to users. It is a service offered additionally for locating stations on Google Maps.
Set-up of this accessibility declaration
This declaration was established on 7 October 2020. It was updated on 15 December 2020.
Technologies used for development of the site
User agents, assistive technologies and tools used to check accessibility
Website tests have been carried out with combinations of web browsers and the following screen readers:
- Edge and JAWS 2020
- Firefox 81 and NVDA 2020.2
- Safari and VoiceOver (final version available on mac0S)
Web pages which were included for compliance verification
- Contact us
- Legal notice
- Train timetables
- Online booking
- Traffic information
- Fares and conditions
- Catering services
- Opening of ticket sales
- Train Paris Geneva: timetables, journey time, prices
- The TGV Lyria BUSINESS 1ÈRE class
The “Accessibility” page was not tested in this first audit as it was published only after this activity. It will be taken into account at the next audit.
The following content embedded on these pages was not tested at this stage:
- The Tarteaucitron.io cookie control panel
- The virtual assistant created by Mindsay
TGV Lyria will contact the companies developing and supplying these services to discuss the subject of their accessibility.
Feedback and contact information
If you are not able to access content or a service on this website, you can contact us for details of an accessible alternative or to obtain content in another form via our information e-mail: email@example.com
Right of appeal
This procedure should be used in the following case: you have drawn the attention of the person responsible for the website to an accessibility fault which is preventing you from accessing site content or services, and you have not received a satisfactory response.
- Send a message to the Ombudsman
- Contact the Representative of the Ombudsman in your region
- Send correspondence by post (free, no stamp required):
Défenseur des droits
75342 Paris CEDEX 07