Journeys by train : Paris–Geneva–Lake Geneva
- Benefit from TGV Lyria departures from Geneva to Paris every 2 hours, and 8 daily outward and return journeys from Monday to Sunday.
On this journey, TGV Lyria stops at Bellegarde and Bourg-en-Bresse and in accordance with the timetable at Nurieux and Bellegarde.
Geneva is the gateway for discovering the shores of Lake Geneva by train, from both the Swiss and French sides.
The Léman Express also enables you to access the mountains of Haute-Savoie to roam around, in summer as well as in winter.
Forming a 230 km network, the 6 lines of the Léman Express serve 45 Franco-Swiss stations between Coppet, Geneva, Bellegarde, Saint-Gervais-les-Bains-Le Fayet, Annecy and Evian-les-Bains.
Find all your timetables on the Léman Express, SBB and SNCF sites.
Léman Express : discover the transnational region
The Léman Express, which covers the cantons of Geneva and Vaud as well as the departments of Ain and Haute-Savoie, offers a variety of day trips from Geneva. On both sides of the border, the region’s assets are numerous and diverse :
- Cultural tourism, balneotherapy or sporting activities at Lake Geneva or Lake Annecy;
- Skiing, mountain biking, thermal spas or museum visits in the resorts of the French Alps;
- Gourmet and wine-tasting tourism in the villages of Mandement (Satigny, Russin, Dardagny) or Haute-Savoie;
- Walking in the Etournel nature reserve (Ain), along the Rhône or Les Pertes de la Valserine.
The lemanexpress.com website gives about one hundred suggestions for trips and activities close to the Léman Express stations.
Photo credits :
Palais Lumière, Evian-les-Bains ©Ville d’Evian, Annecy old town ©Quentin Trillot – Ville d’Annecy, Etournel marshes © Marjorie Léorier,
Water sports at Lake Annecy © Baudot-E-Com-photos.eu, Coppet Castle © air-camera.com, St Gervais – Mont-Blanc ©Boris Molinier