SNCF DISCOUNT CARDS: CARTES AVANTAGE
SNCF is offering its leisure customers a new discount card with 3 profiles known as the Carte Avantage. This card enables users to travel more frequently and at the best price, particularly on TGV Lyria international connections.
Valid for 1 year for all TGV Lyria destinations between France and Switzerland in STANDARD and STANDARD 1ERE, the Avantage card is available at unique price of €49 (CHF 54) including VAT:
- Carte Avantage Jeune from 12 to 27 years
- Carte Avantage Adulte from 27 to 59 years inclusive
- Carte Avantage Senior 60 years or over
This card offers a discount of 30%, and a discount of 60% for children aged 4 to 11 years accompanying the holder of the adult Avantage card.
Please note that the Avantage Week-end and Avantage Famille cards remain valid for your TGV Lyria journeys up to the expiry of validity of the card. For further information: Discount Cards - OUI.sncf
PURCHASE OF CARDS AND TICKETS AT THE ASSOCIATED REDUCED RATES
Purchase of SNCF discount cards
- In France: on sale at all SNCF stations and shops, approved SNCF travel agencies, and at Oui.sncf with the option “send to home address”.
- In Switzerland: on sale at ch.oui.sncf with the option “send to home address”.
Booking of tickets at reduced rates combined with discount cards
Cards are sold at all points of sale in France and Switzerland (except the “Carte Weekend”, which is not available at SBB points of sale).
When travelling, you will be asked to present your discount card along with your reduced fare ticket. Proof of identity may also be requested.
The solution for frequent travellers: Carte Liberté
The Carte Liberté enables you to travel all year round in BUSINESS 1ÈRE or STANDARD as you choose (or in STANDARD 1ÈRE on trains that do not offer BUSINESS 1ÈRE), for all destinations served by TGV Lyria.
- The Carte Liberté gives you the following benefits:
- 40% discount in BUSINESS 1ÈRE compared to the full BUSINESS 1ÈRE fare
- 45% discount in STANDARD 1ÈRE compared to the full BUSINESS 1ÈRE fare on Saturdays
- 60% discount in STANDARD compared to the full STANDARD 1ÈRE fare.
- Holders of the card benefit from greater flexibility, with exchange and refund options at no charge up to 2 hours after departure of the train.
- The Carte Liberté also allows the holder to benefit from advantages for family excursions, whereby children benefit from a 50% discount on the price paid by the adult card holder in STANDARD and STANDARD 1ÈRE. This applies to up to 3 children accompanying the adult.