FROM 9 MAY 2019:
NEW SNCF DISCOUNT CARDS: CARTES AVANTAGE
From 9 May 2019, new simpler, harmonised SNCF discount cards will be available and valid for TGV Lyria journeys between France and Switzerland.
SNCF is offering customers four new discount cards, called Cartes Avantage. These cards enable everyone to travel more frequently and at the best price, particularly on international TGV Lyria connections.
Valid for 1 year on all TGV Lyria France <> Switzerland destinations, in STANDARD and STANDARD 1ÈRE classes, the four Cartes Avantage are offered at a single price of €49 including taxes:
- Carte Avantage Jeune from 12 to 27 years inclusive
- Carte Avantage Senior from 60 years
- Carte Avantage Weekend from 27 years to 60 years with a companion, valid for an outward/return ticket including one weekend day*
- Carte Avantage Famille** valid for an outward/return ticket including one weekend day*
NEW: from now on the cards will offer the same guaranteed reduction for everyone, i.e. a 30% discount for adults and a 60% discount for children aged 4 to 11 years inclusive (up to 3 children) accompanying the card holder, for more frequent train travel at the best price.
*Return journey obligatory with overnight stay from Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday or Sunday to Monday; or return journey obligatory during the day on Saturday or Sunday with no overnight stay.
**The holder of the Carte Avantage Famille must travel accompanied by a child with a limit of 3 children. One additional adult may also travel.
PURCHASE OF CARDS AND TICKETS AT THE ASSOCIATED REDUCED RATES
Purchase of SNCF discount cards
- In France: on sale at all SNCF stations and shops, approved SNCF travel agencies, and at Oui.sncf with the option “send to home address”.
- In Switzerland: on sale at ch.oui.sncf with the option “send to home address”.
Booking of tickets at reduced rates combined with discount cards
Cards are sold at all points of sale in France and Switzerland (except the “Carte Weekend”, which is not available at SBB points of sale).
When travelling, you will be asked to present your discount card along with your reduced fare ticket. Proof of identity may also be requested.
The solution for frequent travellers: Carte Liberté
The Carte Liberté now enables you to travel all year round in BUSINESS 1ÈRE or STANDARD as you choose (or in STANDARD 1ÈRE on trains that do not offer BUSINESS 1ÈRE), for all destinations served by TGV Lyria.
- The Carte Liberté gives you the following benefits:
- 40% discount in BUSINESS 1ÈRE compared to the full BUSINESS 1ÈRE fare
- 45% discount in STANDARD 1ÈRE compared to the full BUSINESS 1ÈRE fare on Saturdays and to/from Lausanne only (on trains not offering BUSINESS 1ÈRE) *
- 60% discount in STANDARD compared to the full STANDARD 1ÈRE fare.
- Holders of the card benefit from greater flexibility, with exchange and refund options at no charge up to 2 hours after departure of the train.
- The Carte Liberté also allows the holder to benefit from advantages for family excursions, whereby children benefit from a 50% discount on the price paid by the adult card holder in STANDARD and STANDARD 1ÈRE. This applies to up to 3 children accompanying the adult.
* The reduced fare for Lausanne <> Paris in STANDARD 1ÈRE is calculated based on the full BUSINESS 1ÈRE fare for Geneva <> Paris.
UNTIL 8 MAY 2019:
SNCF DISCOUNT CARDS
The range of SNCF discount cards accepted on the TGV Lyria network reflects the various profiles and needs of our passengers:
- Child+: for children from 0 to under 12 years of age. Enables up to 4 accompanying passengers to benefit from the same reductions.
- Youth: for young people aged from 12 to under 28.
- Weekend: for any passenger over the age of 12. Ideal for trips involving 1 or 2 people, as it allows the person of your choice accompanying you to enjoy the same reductions.
- Senior+: for passengers aged over 60.
BUYING CARDS AND ASSOCIATED TICKETS AT REDUCED RATES
Buying SNCF discount cards:
- In France: on sale at all SNCF sales outlets, or at oui.sncf with the option of home delivery.
- In Switzerland: available at ch.oui.sncf with the option of home delivery.
Booking tickets with the reduced rates offered by discount cards:
Reduced fares are available for purchase at all French and Swiss sales outlets (except the Weekend Card, which is unavailable at CFF sales outlets).
While travelling, you will be asked to show your discount card along with your reduced-fare ticket. You may also be asked for a proof of identity.