Last update: 03/04/2020, 02:37 p.m.
Information on COVID-19
Our customers and employees' health, safety and well-being are our priority. We are following the information given by the health and governmental authorities on the development of the situation very carefully.
You can find advice to travellers from the relevant national administrations here:France: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/
IMPORTANT: on March 16, 2020, the President of the French Republic decided to take measures to reduce contact and travel to the strict minimum throughout the territory as of Tuesday March 17 at 12:00, for a minimum of fifteen days. Anyone traveling on French territory must carry a derogatory travel certificate or proof of professional travel
Since the outbreak of Covid-19, TGV Lyria has endeavoured to ensure the continuity of its mandate to deliver mobility services by enabling people who need to travel to do so under the best conditions.
TGV Lyria has regularly adapted its transport plan according to the directives of the French and Swiss governments, aimed at restricting the movement of people. Thus, in the first instance, TGV Lyria traffic was reduced, and then limited to journeys between Paris and the two border stations of Basel and Geneva.
The transport plan has always been updated in real time in order to ensure reliable information for passengers and to allow sufficient time to find a fallback solution.
Further to the new French government directives of 24 March which consolidate the confinement measures, all TGV traffic is being severely reduced. Lyria informs its passengers as of now that in this context, all TGV Lyria traffic operating from France to Basel and Geneva will be suspended from SATURDAY 28 MARCH 2020 until further notice.
The TGV Lyria teams remain fully in place and will re-evaluate the situation daily, with a view to restoring services as soon as possible based on government guidance.
Find here the transport plan of the previous days.
Following the national measures announced in Switzerland and France concerning the catering sector, TGV Lyria is also suspending its on-train catering offer (bar and catering including BUSINESS 1ERE service).
In order to offer maximum flexibility to passengers, TGV Lyria is putting commercial measures in place in line with its distributors, SNCF and SBB, and according to the recommendations of the local authorities. The exact conditions of exchange / refund depend, therefore, upon the distribution channel used when purchasing the ticket:
- If you booked your ticket via SBB: refund at no cost at the ticket counter or via the SBB Contact Center, for tickets for any journey between 9 March and 30 April 2020 inclusive. Contact SBB customer service.
- If you booked your ticket via OUI.sncf, ch.oui.sncf or another SNCF distribution channel: and for for a journey between 9 March and 3 May 2020 inclusive:
- Before the departure of the train: refund / exchange at no cost (except in the event of any difference in the fare) via the tab "My bookings"..
- After the departure of the train: refund online at SNCF customer service: SNCF.com > “SNCF at your service” > “Complaints” > reason: “I have not used my ticket”.
- If you booked your ticket via a travel agency, please contact them directly to find out the exact exchange / refund conditions.
- If you are not able to cancel your order directly on the platform, do not hesitate to get into touch with Lyria Customer Service: email@example.com
The SNCF sales areas are closed until further notice.
Others traffic information
Traffic information regarding the whole TGV Lyria network can be found in the “Works” infobox.