Details about valid documents to present
- Identity card or passport for Enfant, Baby Pass tickets, as well as for SNCF e-tickets, SBB e-tickets and any SNCF or SBB subscription.
- Carte Liberté SNCF or Forfait SNCF card for the Abonnement France subscription.
- Carte Liberté SNCF or Forfait SNCF card and Abonnement Général SBB or Abonnement demi-tarif SBB for the Abonnement France + Suisse subscription.
- Abonnement Général SBB or Abonnement demi-tarif SBB for the Abonnement Suisse subscription.
- Pass covering France and Switzerland for a pass 1 ticket.
- Pass covering France for a partial 2 ticket.
- Pass covering Switzerland for the partial 3 ticket.
- Proof of disability for the traveller in a wheelchair .
- Proof of disability of the person you accompany for the travelling companion (reduced mobility card, medical certificate, invalidity card stating "blindness" or with a green star).
- Famille Nombreuse or Military or Reformed or war veteran cards for Social 30, 40, 50 75 fares
What if you have forgotten your discount card?
If you forget your discount card or proof of discount, you must pay the difference owed, to the ticket inspector. Cost is calculated using the on-board fare. This amount will subsequently be refunded, minus a fee, on presentation of your discount card at ticket offices in SNCF or SBB train stations or shops. The only condition is that your ticket must be personalised by the on-board ticket inspector (name, identity document number, etc.). If you cannot prove your identity, you will not be refunded.