Details about valid documents to present
- Identity card or passport for Enfant, Baby Pass tickets, as well as for SNCF e-tickets, SBB e-tickets and any SNCF or SBB subscription.
- SNCF discount cards: "Cartes Avantage" "Jeune", "Senior", "Week-end", "Famille".
- Carte Liberté SNCF or Forfait SNCF card for France subscription.
- Carte Liberté SNCF or Forfait SNCF card + SBB Half-fare or General Abonnement for France + Switzerland subscription.
- SBB Half-fare or General Abonnement for Switzerland subscription.
- Pass covering France and Switzerland for a Pass 1 ticket:
- Eurail Global Pass
- InterRail Global Pass (for French and Swiss residents).
- Pass covering France for a Pass 2 ticket:
- Eurail One Country Pass France
- InterRail Global Pass (for Swiss residents).
- Pass covering Switzerland for a Pass 3 ticket:
- Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass,
- InterRail Switzerland Pass,
- InterRail Global Pass (for French residents).
- Proof of disability for the traveller in a wheelchair .
- Proof of disability of the person you accompany for the travelling companion (reduced mobility card, medical certificate, invalidity card stating "blindness" or with a green star).
- Famille Nombreuse or Military or Reformed or war veteran cards for Social 30, 40, 50 75 fares
What if you have forgotten your travelcard?
If you forget your travelcard or proof of discount, you must pay the difference owed, to the ticket inspector. Cost is calculated using the on-board fare. This amount will subsequently be refunded, minus a fee, on presentation of your discount card at ticket offices in SNCF or SBB train stations or shops. The only condition is that your ticket must be personalised by the on-board ticket inspector (name, identity document number, etc.). If you cannot prove your identity, you will not be refunded.