Do you agree with the stereotypes about Zurich?
Immerse yourself in this video made by the travel influencer TOLT
"Don't go to Zurich" >>
Special offer: stay in Zurich at a low price
Until 25 August, the city of Zurich is offering attractive rates on a selection of 75 hotels as part of the "Zurich Weeks"
Just 4 hours by train from Paris
In reality, it has multiple faces, offering a wealth of artistic and cultural activities. A hotspot for Swiss culture, it was the birthplace of the Dada artistic movement. It catches the eye with its diverse architecture and is home to numerous museums including the Swiss national museum and the Beaux-Arts museum. In short, you'll know what to do in Zurich!
© Zürich Tourismus
Visit Zurich: things to do
- Experience sites steeped in history by ambling along the charming pedestrian streets of Zurich's old town, just a stone's throw from the train station where the TGV Lyria arrives. In passing, you'll be enthralled by the windows of the Fraumünster, created by Marc Chagall, as well as the modern art collection of the Kunsthaus.
- Soak up the trendy side of Zurich by wandering through the renovated industrial neighbourhood of Zurich West, and visit Zurich by setting off to discover its art galleries and designer boutiques.
- Go window shopping on Bahnhofstrasse, one of the most prestigious shopping streets in the world.
- Get a breath of fresh air in the great outdoors just beside the city by making your way by foot or train to Uetliberg and enjoy the panoramic views of the city, the lake and the snow-topped mountains
- In the winter, sledge down the slopes of the Uetliberg at full speed. A fun-filled moment for young and old...
- Go swimming or boating in the clear waters of Lake Zurich, or simply lounge on the banks while admiring the view of the Alps... you wouldn't think you are just a few hours away from France by train. That's also what Zurich is about!
The best time to visit Zurich
- April - Sechseläuten. This traditional Zurich festival celebrates the start of spring.
- July - Züri Fäscht. Every three years, a large mainstream festival is held in the old town and on the banks of the lake.
- August - Street Parade. A huge technoparade invades Zurich.
- November - Expovina. Twelve boats host an impressive wine fair. Around 4,000 wines to taste!
Did you know...?
- The famous physician Albert Einstein studied at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale in Zurich.
- The Irish poet James Joyce apparently said: "The Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich is so clean that if you spilled minestrone soup on it you could still eat it without a spoon."
- The intellectual and artistic movement Dada was born at the Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich. It is still open to the public today.